Toma Sik, anarchist vegan pacifist world citizen's Journal|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 15 most recent journal entries recorded in
Toma Sik, anarchist vegan pacifist world citizen's LiveJournal:
|Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011|
|Wednesday, September 26th, 2007|
The Free Communes Movement
What follows is a model of questionnaire written by Toma Sik, I presume, for "The Free Communes Movement" he was trying to put together, I presume again. Now we have initiatives as the Fellowship for Intentional Community
, with excellent printed and online community directories, but I think the following questionnaire is still a good tool for reflecting the wide diversity of "communes" or "communities" and trying to find out just "what kind of community" you're living in or looking for. Let's see:
Anywhere & Everywhere, The World
Date of postage stamp
Greetings, Dear Friend/a, /
Thank you for your inquiry.
The movement is in its stage of coming together, in various regions of the world, here and there in different stages of advancement, variations, risings and fallings, continuations, re-formings. A dynamics of creation.
Even the definition of commune is not uniform. It is primarily about “alternative” and mostly also this “alternative” varies greatly.
Unfortunately, relatively not very much inquiries about communes exist. Among those who do have interest, this varies too. As well, the understanding by members of the general public of what communes are about is varied.
The enclosed questionnaire is intended to serve several aims: test your (range of) understanding, wishes, expectations, preparedness, ability to change, re-organize, etc. You may keep the questionnaire and/or send it to any existing commune that you wish to join; one filled in as you wish and a blank one for them to fill in for informing you about their present situation, openings and offers.
Take pleasure in filling in and have success in finding the communal home of your desire!
Greetings in Peace & Love,
The Free Communes Movement
PLEASE USE BLOCK CAPITAL LETTERS! USE BLACK INK!
To Whom It May Concern,
I'm looking for agroup of partners in order to establish an alternative society or to join an existing one - according to the details that I've indicated in the questionnaire enclosed.
The following are my personal data:
Personal and Family Names:_________________________
Gender:. H M Bi F L
Personal Status: Single * Married Formally * Common Marriage
* Divorced Formally * Separated Informally * Widow/er
+ ___boy child/ren (aged __
___girl child/ren (aged__
Education (School/s): ________________________________________
Training (in): __________________________________ (__ years)
Occupation - Profession: _______________ Hobby:_____________
• Special Fields of Interest/Special Skills: ____________________________________
• Languages: _______ Speak Read Write —
Problems/ Weaknesses: — —
My Reason/s for Looking for Communal and Alternative Way of Life:
(Please, indicate your correct wish ---)
 The above info is meant only for the knowledge of the F.C.M.
 I agree that the above detailed info be provided to all the seekers of communes.
 With the exception of the details that I indicated with an exclamation mark (!).
THE PARTNERSHIP -
EXSISTING/REPORTED /*/ WANTED/SOUGHT BY/FROM:
PARTNERSHIP'S LEGAL STATUS:
SOURCE OF INCOME/LIVING:
OPEN FOR NEW MEMBERS: YES/NO
OPENNESS FOR ACCEPTING MEMBERS/GUESTS OF LIMITED ABILITY:
PROPORTION OF MEMBERS VS. NON-MEMBERS /
PERMANENT V. TRANSIENT /
PLENIPOTENTIAL V. DISABLED PARTICIPANTS
DECISION-MAKING SYSTEM, TITLE & DESCRIPTION:
WAYS TO RESOLVE EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS:
WAYS TO RESOLVE CONFLICTS/DISAGREEMENTS:
DIVISION OF TASKS/WORK SYSTEM:
SOCIAL ACTIVITY IN THE GENERAL SOCIETY
LEISURE & FREE-TIME ACTIVITY:
STANDARD OF LIVING:
DAILY/WEEKLY SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES - REGULAR & SPECIAL:
REMARKS, RESERVATIONS, OPTIONS, ETC. ON THE LEVEL OF PRINCIPLE:
COMMUNAL INTENT — TRANSIENT
ALL MEMBERS TRANSIENT EXPECT COMPLETE TURNOVER
MOST MEMBERS TRANSIENT
MOST MEMBERS PERMANENT
ALL MEMBERS INTENTIONALLY PERMANENT
COMMUNAL INTENT — OUTSIDE CONTACT
Enclosed but maintain contact
Live communally and provide services
SCALE 3 —
Social Relations / Social Structure
Exclusive and/or legal marriage or single
Scale 4— ORGANIZATIONAL SYSTEM
ANARCHIST DEMOCRATIC DYNAMIC OLIGARCHY MATRIARCHY PATRIARCHY CONSENSUS AUTHORITARIAN
SCALE 5 - ECONOMIC RELATIONS
INHERITED WEALTH – EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE - WORKER PARTICIPATION – WORKER OWNERSHIP/COOPERATIVE – PRIVATE CAPITAL – PRIVATE INCOME – EQUAL FEE – RENT – POCKET MONEY – INCOME POOLED – ALL MONEY POOLED -
SCALE 6 — BELIEF SYSTEMS
TOLERANT/ANARCHIC – ESOTERIC/SPIRITUAL/RELIGIOUS (WHICH?) – IDEOLOGICAL (WHICH?) – POLITICAL (WHICH?) – PACIFIST – MONDIAN/WORLD-CITIZEN – STRUCTURED/TOLERANT – ECOLOGICAL – EMPIRIC/ECLECTIC – ATHEIST/RATIONALIST
GENERAL – ACTIVITY – EDUCATION – DEFENSE
SCALE 7 — BELIEF SYSTEMS:
NUTRITION – MATERIALS – WORKS – HEALTH
STRICT VEGETARIAN / VEGAN – OVO-LACTO-VEGETARIAN – NON-STRICT OR TOLERANT VEGETARIAN – ECOLOGICAL: LIVE AND LET LIVE – MIXED – NATUROPATHIC/HOLISTIC/HOMEOPATHIC – OMNIVOROUS
SCALE 8 — NATURE/FIELD OF BEING ALTERNATIVE:
WAY OF LIFE - SOCIAL STRUCTURE - ECONOMIC STRUCTURE - ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE - POLITICAL ACTIVITY (WHICH?) - CONSUMING - PRODUCTION
SCALE 9 — CONTACT WITH THE EXISTING POLITICAL SYSTEM
NONE - ALMOST NONE - ONLY ON SYSTEM’S INITIATIVE –DEPENDING ON SYSTEM – IGNORING SYSTEM – OBJECTION TO SYSTEM – EXPLOITING OF ELEMENTS FOR ADVANCING ALTERNATIVES – RELATIVE PARTICIPATION, ACCORDING TO NEEDS
|Friday, September 21st, 2007|
Proposed by Toma Sik (about 1998)
“POLITICALLY CORRECT”?! = NO!!
FACTUALLY CORRECT?! = YES!!
TO BE A “GREEN” OR A “RADICAL”
OR A “LABOUR”(ER) OR A “NEW”…
- IT IS NOT A FORMALITY!
- IT IS NOT A THEORY!
IT IS – OR MUST BE- A FACT OF LIFE!
IT SHOULD BE AN INGREDIENT, PART AND PARCEL OF LIFE!
DO WE WISH OR NEED TO REFORM THE SITUATION?
DO WE NEED OR WISH TO CHANGE THE SITUATION?
THE LATTER IS THAT IS NECESSARY!!
WHAT IS NECESSARY IS A PERSONAL CHANGE
WHAT IS NECESSARY IS A RADICAL CHANGE TO:
ATTITUDE OF NON-EXPLOITATIVENESS, NON-ABUSIVENESS...
LIFE-STYLE BASED ON NATURAL ELEMENTS, NATURAL RELEVANCE...
STANDARD OF LIVING THAT IS -
AVAILABLE, AFFORDABLE, MAKEABLE, SUSTAINABLE – LOCALLY...
RELATIONSHIPS OF CARE, AID, IDENTIFICATION, SHARING & PARTICIPATION...
DIVISION OF TASKS, EXPERTIZING IN ROTATION
I’M THE ONLY ONE AVAILABLE TO HELP MYSELF;
I’M THE ONLY ONE AVAILABLE TO HELP THE OTHER IN NEED!
BECAUSE OF OUR PRESENT-TIME & TRADITIONAL
OBSESSIVENESS, HABITS AND MISCONCEPTIONS,
WE CAN DO IT ONLY GRADUALLY
WE MUST START NOW! –
PROGRESSING CONSTANTLY AND CONSISTENTLY
TO WHAT IS ACHIEVABLE BY AIMING AT
PERSONAL SUSTAINABILITY & SELF-PROVISION
REPLACING DEPENDENCY ON MASS-PRODUCTION & TRADING SYSTEMS.
I NEED WHAT I REALLY CAN MAKE!
I MAKE WHAT I REALLY NEED!
POLITICS OF INTRIGUES PREVAILS IN PRESENT-TIME PUBLIC LIFE!
IT SHOULD BE REPLACED BY HUMANE POLITICS!
HUMANE POLITICS MAY BE MAINTAINED AND BE SUCCESSFUL ONLY WITH CONSCIOUS, AWARE, ACTIVE, CONSCIENTIOUSLY RESPONSIBLE & CONSISTENT INDIVIDUAL HUMANS WHO CONSTITUTE. A CONSCIENTIOUS PUBLIC-not a mob!!
|Wednesday, September 19th, 2007|
TUNER project, by Toma Sik
Towards an Urban Natural Evolving Reality
A Cooperative for making clean income for living and for public-social activity for assisting the fellow and guarding human and civil rights.
REGULATIONS – PROGRAMME
- The group works as a cooperative aimed at gradual and natural turning into a collective and maybe into a commune.
- Minimal number of members: 6.
- Every member of the group participates in all activities of the group.
- Every member of the group has an opinion an standpoint and participates in the decision-making in the group.
- The daily management and bookkeeping of the group are done by one of the members in rotation by periods of 2/3/4/* months, as agreed upon in advance and from time to time on.
- On basic questions and as a general trend decisions are made in full quorum and with an aim of consensus or a two thirds majority of the group members, including by the use of the telephone and other telecommunication devices, or proxy (proxy cannot be vested permanently with the same person, even in case of permanent couples).
- Every member is supposed to participate in income-making work for 34 hours per week and in public/social activity for 28-34 hours per week.
- Timing of the working hours is made with flexibility within coordination between the needs of work, needs of activity and the personal needs of the member/s.
- Every member will get the sum of ** per hour according to the number of work-hours invested actually in a week, with respective added hours for the weekly sabbatical and eventual holidays; however the total personal salary per month will not exceed the sum that is not taxable by state law.
- The customary holidays of the group are:
- New Year Day - January 1st;
- Forest Day - Spring Signal Day - When the first blooming is noticed in January-February (or later according to the region)
- International Women s Day - March 8th;
- International Day Against Racism - March 21st;
- Masquerade - Carnival - everywhere according to tradition;
- Spring Festival - When Easter or Passover is celebrated - one day only;
- World Labor Day - May 1st;
- First Fruit Day - according to the region;
- Coupling Day - Valentine - 14th April
- Harvest Festival - according to region;
- World Unity Day - The United Nations Day - October 24th;
- World Children Day - October 31st;
- World Human Rights Day - December 10th;
- (should be checked and added with more)
- he reward collected from clients will include:
- Reward for actual work hours plus for weekly sabbatical and eventual holidays, respectively/relatively;
- Expenses for materials, tools, accessories, travel and transportation, management, etc;
- Addition of 25% of the salary/ies for insurances;
- Addition of 20% of the salaries and materials etc. - contribution to the group’s public activity;
- Addition of 20% of the salaries and materials etc. for a well-known public voluntary aid organization according to the client’s choice from a list composed and presented by the group;
- From clients that are public or commercial organisations , the contributions will be calculated by 30%.
- Leaves will be coordinated in advance in due time and will be payed for according to the principle of one week after every 6 full working months or respectively/relatively. It is permissible to collect leaves up to l0 weeks.
- Sick leaves will be payed from an independent insurance fund of the group (to be found out how it should be done).
- World view open: secular-humanist, anarcho-pacifist, vegan.
- Lifestance: simple, modest, sustainable, integral, integrated, based on integrity, creative and happy, helpful, open, contributive.
- Dwell initially as before and as regular;
For consideration: in one house, preferably a neglected one - for independent renovation:
- in tents?
- in mobile-houses (cars-caravans)? -“Circus project”
- Projects / in / phases
- Source of Income: ecological collection / recycling / re-use, gardening, care for children/elderly/and the like - only what doesn’t harm and is helpful Everything independently or as a group.
- Social Involvement: helping the fellow - for the most oppressed and the deprived - conversations with the mentally needy; serving as mouth and pen; escorting; exemplifying a positive/contributive/natural/helpful/happy way of life.
- Physical involvement
- cleaning of empty grounds
- Leaving a board: This ground was cleaned by TUNER Project volunteers.
- follow up during a month / repeated cleaning according to need
- follow up / attempt to consent with neighbours on establishing a garden for pleasure and food, same with owners of plot/municipality.
- For consideration: whether to leave boards at sites of social care.
- preparing and erecting of collection-devices by nature paper, plastics (containers, bags, material, sheets), metals (iron, aluminium, copper), cloth-material, wires, furniture, misc.
- Erecting a work-shop for repair aimed at re-use.
- Finding space for centers for recycling/re-distribution of the collected items.
|Tuesday, September 18th, 2007|
Partial Life-partnership, by Toma Sik
A proposal for a partial life-partnership of a triplet or a quartet
Overt, open, Coordinate and Consented Mutually
for 2 men + 1 woman or for 2 women + 1 man or with adding one respectively
|1||Primary base, LOVE||Organizacional TECHNICS|
|2||Everything OVERT among the partners||General or particular SECRECY|
|3||Partnership OVERT to public||SECRECY of the situation|
|4||Elimination of SECRECY||SECRECY of the situation|
|5||RELATIONS OF FRIENDSHIP AND AMITIÉ within the partnership||PREFERENCE IN COUPLE in friendship|
|6||General MUTUAL AID ON VARIOUS GROUNDS among all partners||MUTUAL AID LIMITED TO COUPLE|
|7||Earning WORK INDIVIDUALLY||Earning WORK IN COUPLE|
|8||Alternative Option: |
Earning WORK ALL TOGETHER
|Earning WORK IN COUPLE|
|9||HOUSE-HOLDS INDIVIDUALLY||FAMILY RESIDENCE IN COUPLE|
|10||Alternative Option for development: HOUSEHOLD FOR ALL TOGETHER (sharing expenses)||FAMILY RESIDENCE IN COUPLE|
|11||ALL RESIDING INDIVIDIALLY||FAMILY RESIDENCE IN COUPLE (i.e. man and woman)|
|12||OPTION FOR DEVELOPMENT: |
COMMON RESIDENCE OF ALL
|FAMILY RESIDENCE IN COUPLE (i.e. man and woman)|
|13||FAMILY RESIDENCE IN COUPLE (i.e. man and woman) ||FAMILY RESIDENCE IN COUPLE (i.e. man and woman) |
|14||One or more VOLUNTARY WORK ONE BY ONE OR ALL TOGETHER ||Voluntary work in couple |
|15||Internal social activity, entertainment in couple or all together alternately ||Permanent internal social activity, entertainment in couple |
|16||Family activities from time to time in couple or all together ||Family activities as a general rule |
|17||Alternative (vs. 18): Sleeping together in alternate couples from time to time according to one’s initiative and other’s acceptance with knowledge and consent of all ||Couple life / Concubinity, mistressness – both genders |
|18||Alternative (vs. 17): Sleeping together in alternate couples from time to time according to a flexible pre-fixed order that in is considerate on momentous will coordinated among all ||Fucking around within and outside the partnership |
|19||Social activities outside the partnership in couple or all together from time to time and alternating ||Permanent social activities outside the partnership in permanent couple |
|20||Alternative (vs. 21): Sexual-social activity outside the partnership from time to time under consent of the others – individually ||Fucking around within and outside the partnership |
|21||Alternative (vs. 20): Sexual loyalty within the partnership ||Sexual activities outside the partnership |
|22||Development of communicational instruments to act immediately, frequently, clearly, univocally, at the right time and place within the partnership ||Apathy, trusting the chance and opportunity |
|23||Option for development: Adding of a fourth partner as and at any stage of the partnership’s development ||Fucking around within and outside the partnership |
|24||Knowledge and consent of eventual dependent minors ||SECRECY of the situation |
|25||Problem Solving Method: In all participants’ attendance, on personal, interpersonal, internal-external issues with option for consented external advise ||Clarification of problems in couple / External advise without consent of all participants|
Alternative — must be decided in advance at the establishment of the partnership;
Option — something that might be(come);
Alternative: for the short future, i.e., planned in advance
for development: for far future, i.e. unplanned in advance;
Every component or ingredient that in left in list has equal value with all others in its importance and in its being a condition for the partnership’s existence.
|Monday, September 17th, 2007|
Non-exploitative lifestyle, by Toma Sik
PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES — A NON—EXPLOITATIVE LIFESTANCE/LIFESTYLE
F O R ME by me 11—10—’95
For any potential reader, primarily for those whom I know mutually and personally and whom I love and care for specifically. Just because I know and love you. This doesn’t make you worth or entitled more than anyone else of the 6 billion humans on Earth. But since you are so close and I know you and love you at first hand — naturally you’ll be the first to read this, as parts of this you’ve already heard from me directly in pieces. And I thank you for all those explicit, hinted and wordlessly expressed remarks, objections and escapades, and your callings to order and instructions that I made them mine without quoting the source — You. Be always blessed when in close or faraway distance.
I didn’t want to put these words and ideas into writing. I’ve heard already people calling me “a myth” or “a legend”. I’m used to tell these people — don’t wonder and don’t “admire”, there is nothing admirable here. But if you happen to have that attitude, take yourself under control and start to admire yourself — you are worth it — by adopting and implementing — maybe with some adaptations or modifications — what you happen to consider as positive when it is someone else who is involved with it. You are worth to start doubting everything and create your own “alternative”. And then, maybe, looking for me to join you in a common venture: LIFE.
From now on all only in first person, because I offer this only to myself. That is what I am able and allowed to do. However, I don’t hide and masquerade: I am looking for people who are looking for me, i.e. who hold to more or less this lifestance and lifestyle or who keenly want to develop themselves into it. The reason for this is that I have justifications for the particulars and/or the principles or both and the whole that comprise this offer of “alternative” and I keenly wish to implement them. Only for myself! Nothing for anyone else in particular or anyone else at all! For myself I care. Let them care for themselves. However, it is not at all separable!...
The following are the principles and practices by which I wish to live an INTEGRAL WAY OF LIFE. ”Integral” as in English: integrity = HONESTY, KEENNESS; bound together with: INCLUSIVE; and as in French and Italian: integral = WHOLECOMPRISING or in English: WHOLESOME = good and healthy — all these INTERWOVEN LIKE LIFE CONTAINS AND OPERATES ALL ITS COMPONENTS AND INGREDIENTS — INTERWOVEN PERMANENTLY AND PERSISTENTLY EVERYWHERE AND IN ALL DIRECTIONS, IN ALL CIRCUMSTANCES AND CONDITIONS - BY THE MEANS OF SELF—COORDINATION AND CORRELATION BETWEEN THE INGREDIENTS.
And I always bear in mind: integrity is tested in times and circumstances of difficulty, problem. While I object to any kind of heroism and martyrism — I am aware of the fact that sometimes in odd circumstances some suffering might have to be involved. Just like in order to have nice flowers or fruit in the garden, the exploited soil should be recompensated with well—decayed good compost. And things take time with efforts. Also when some nutritional mistakes were done, a painful fast is the solution.
However, before and after all, the primary drive and aim is: LIFE therefore I concentrate on the particulars of LIFE not on any sort of symbolism. Therefore, if I direct myself in a coordinated and a self—disciplined manner, I suffer less or not at all. Much suffering is the result of fear and the negative imaginations that it brings about; therefore it is another important aim for me to eliminate fear from myself and from my close and distant environment.
These and the following ones are maximal statements of measures. Presently, I live up to some of them in whole and to others only partly. I’m seeking to achieve that which are essential for a good, healthy, physically, mentally, socially, civilisationally, and ecologically balanced mutually non—exploitative life as an individual alone and in community, preferably — in a commune.
I am aware of the fact that everything is easier to achieve when it is a common aim and practice of a society, small as it might be. Because a single person is a sick person. Anything that relates to soleness: privacy, the right to privacy, interference in privacy, being alone, loneliness, individualism surplus—sought of attention, elimination of attention towards others, asociality and the like — all are the same illness: lack of the love that derives from the environment and lack of the channel to pour love through it to others. However, I must start my doubting and improving process from that situation of illness. I must be inside — subjective — and outside — objective — of myself. Very hard and tiring if at all possible! It is possible, because I want it be so! I wish to achieve perfection, because without that I might sink into boredom and apathy and even into “common fascism”, i.e. acceptance by silence, or “active fascism”, doing of the wrongs of our contemporary mutually exploitative and self/earth—destructive civilization.
However, I know there is no perfection that one person may achieve; also a society is unable to make that achievement because of the much coordination that is needed! based on multi— consent; also the integral distortion (distorted reality) is so widely spread and so widely considered as THE REALITY — that small achievements should be related as big steps towards the perfect. Anyway, our highly intelligently tired mind cannot grasp perfection. However, I should bear in mind: no perfection ever will be achieved by humans! As closer humans might consider or find themselves to perfection — as farer from it they’ll be. Perfection is the Universe and that is uncomprehensible and better not think of it nor approach it.
I should advance gradually according to my real abilities but not to be self-forgiving in advance for my faults and backfalls. I wish to be forgiving towards others but only in order to encourage them to try again, not in order they feel justified. I should plan my steps and implement the planned program towards the best development achievable. When I am lucky not to be alone — I wish to plan, coordinate and operate with and alongside my partner or partners. Difficulties might be taking place rather than a planned and smooth operation. I should have enough willpower and essential abilities in order to break through and overcome difficulties. This should be a challenge for me rather than a cause for defeatism. Therefore, I wish to be the same person with the same personality everywhere and always and not break by hardships or be seduced by conveniences or nostalgies. If I feel some weakness — I analyse and explain it to myself and to the partner/s and ask for their involvement and support. If I’m with strangers, of course I don’t knock the eyes with “provocations” but I don’t necessarily hide my attitudes, but if it is a matter of danger to life; and even then not by bowing and performing anything against to my conscience.
I do accept true offers of suitable help, aid and assistance.
What I do and what I don’t should benefit both myself and the environment/society at the same time, in a mutually non—exploitative, rather symbiotic manner, because I cannot exist without them.
I don’t live for the future, I live IN future as it starts every second again and again. Therefore I’m not “preparing myself for future” but try to live up to what I want to live in. Learning something new and living something new are reciprocally supporting the same: actual and authentic change. In my new/old world there is no separation between learning and living just as there is no separation between present time and future. The best and keenest learning is by experience in general and in particular concerning to change in lifestance/lifestyle. Imaginating, creating in mind, planning and implementing — all are a matter of a learning experience. Verbal exchange of ideas included. Basically, communication is learning. Learning is not necessarily communication; it might be an obsession that results in self—encarceration.
I’m not sacrifying or conceding anything, but I am throwing away what I consider as unnecessary and/or harmful and/or exploitative.
I doubt everything I’m used to or is customary in my environment and try to find out the sources of any act/behaviour/custom/commodity or else; also check whether it is at the expense of anything/anyone else, mostly I find it is primarily against myself. I endevour by daily practice to implement at least what is written in the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights, but more, in the moral and behavioural sense. It is not alone the technical and formal fulfilment that counts but rather the spirit and the atmosphere created by it, integrally.
I analyse everything and must find a true universal justification for my involvement or departure and for the very existence of a phenomenon; then if I find no justification, I endevour to find the way to eliminate the wrong. I must justify keenly everything— active or passive.
I love everyone and wish to be beloved by everyone — whatever these mean. I love means I need. I need to be cared for; I need to care for. I need company and I need to be needed as company. I love means I open in/outwards; I’m honest and outspoken, cooperative, caring, helpful, praising and critical; I’m acceptive, I forgive and repent.
I try to live in the relative and the absolute in a balanced manner, being aware of keeping away from schyzophrenia and lies. I live for myself and for my company at the same time in order to be, in order to compliment each other reciprocally. I wish to influence society and civilisation by exemplifying something balanced and non-exploitative, something that is worthwhile living and is fulfilling. And I interfere in issues and problems of small and big Humanity and the Environment, the proximate and the distant; to protest against the wrong, to demand, to correct, to maintain the good. However, and demand, especially in the symbolic manner — are often or even mostly, irrelevant. Action is relevant and that I can do effectively only together with others like myself.
A daily schedule
The day begins at night, indeed at the evening before (see evening). A good sleep is a goad start for a good day. The best time for going to sleep is a bit after dark falls in the section I happen to be upon Earth. Falling asleep in a good companial atmosphere is the best.
Dawn — I wake up. I greet my companion/s. I love you! I love you! I love you my companion, I love you new day, I love you the sunshine, I love you Nature! I am happy and energetic, I’m encouraged.
I might hug my companion if I didn’t hug her all the night long. I wish I did. It is so nice and encouraging, feeling safe, when I hug my companion all night long. If I still have energy from the night, and she too, we might play another love—game and love each other evermore, evenmore.
I look at the garden and find it bright and green and colorful and my companion among the flowers, hardly I can distinguish her. What a beautiful day!
In the raining/snowing seasons: I wake up, turn around, hug my companion and go back to the world of total security: hugging her and dreaming that I’m hugging her, what a perfection!
In this season hardly there is anything to do in the garden. Domestic work may wait and even the home—industry is lazy in Autumn and Winter or the Spring. Anyway, no hurry, also the bears sleep all long the snowy time. And there is still plenty of time left.
Sooner or later — the healthy body will jump up from the laying—site because so it is set.
After physical necessities, washing/showering (there should be enough space and tabs and showers and sinks, etc; if they are not
— there should be much consideration and tolerance...) Then comes preparing breakfast — all together. This is the time for night—reports: dreams, troubles, funny and pleasant moments, fitness and unfitness, problems, advices.
Food —fresh— fruit—salad with oats or sesame seed or tahini or sesame milk or nuts or almonds. Seasonal or dried fruit, soaked in advance in water. Sometimes I make surprises in advance at evening and please myself by pleasing my companion/s. I love making surprises and I love the keen and spontaneous happiness with which it is accepted. I gain many kisses and hugs and smiles and laughters It a great fun!
Eating — preferably in silence, with much smiles and looks of goodwill and satisfaction. Everyone cleans they dishes, I too. It’s not a big deal as many people uncleverly think of this. Anyway there are not many dishes because there is only one kind of food at a meal and there is no heat-cooking; indeed it should be called foodpreparing. I call it “foodreping”. Original, isn’t it? Can be fit in all languages. In Hebrew in Hungarian in Esperanto.
The work—day was planned for already in the previous evening. Last arrangements, exchanges of ideas and all, I too, go to work. All options are creative, by choice; however most emphasis is on the plants—nursery, garden and the orchard and all the works around them — like preparing the compost maintaining the tools,
|Tuesday, September 11th, 2007|
5th draft - not final proposed by Toma Sik (shick), 25-02-’97
- A. MOTTOES:
- a. LIFE is the only value, therefore future starts now.
- b. Doubt is the source of LIFE.
- LIFE is nutrition & aspiration, i.e. eating and touching, i.e. maintenance of LIFE and reproduction of LIFE; anything else is a means to reach or compliment these, if in correlation, or sublimate (replace) it, if in contradiction.
- Humans are thinking, feeling & talking animals pretending to know too. However, basically, - & since humans cannot and don’t know what really other animals are about - humans & other animals are the same. This is proven also in basic needs and basic behavior.
- However, since humans don’t know what real LIFE is about - there should be separation between humans and other animals, for the benefit of both sorts.
- Unnatural rituals harmfully replace naturally necessary acts/rituals of LIFE.
- Natural culture is ecological; unnatural culture is anti-ecological. Therefore, where ecology is harmed - something is wrong with culture.
- Since our present reality is in different extents (according to location and culture) unnatural, we must learn in a practical empirical way what is natural and struggle for its restoration into our life; therefore mere survivalism in the given distorted reality isn’t fit & morally sound.
- Education is necessary in a troublesome society; integral, integrated NATURAL LIFE is true education.
- Thinking takes place in words and concepts, based on former knowledge; nothing comes out of nothing.
- Consciousness (awareness) brings about conscience (knowledge) of/by the mind as result of which is raised the conscience (feeling, sensitivity) of the heart. Conscientious behavior, responsibility, activity, operation bring about the tranquility of thought-feeling. Therefore, a treatment of symptoms of pain and disturbance that ignores the reasons, i.e. the situation in which they arise - is not a moral, integral or integrated one that is based on integrity, but on short-sighted, short-handed, pragmaticist survivalism.
- Moral is not what ones could endure but what the same wish & like, to be done or not to be done to them; Thou shalt love thy fellow as yourself; Thou shalt not doeth thy fellow what thou would not like to be done to thou (whatever the source of these ideas may be or is!).
- My basic rights and freedoms are my duties to provide the same to others; however, a right is not a duty to be exercised, so anyone, including oneself, may concede a right at a moment, but not the right of another person; also my duty to provide a right isn’t my duty to impose it. However, the duty to help the miserable is unlimited & unrestricted. A right is an exiome not an argument/excuse in explaining or debating anything.
- e. Think globally, act locally. Mondianism (world citizenship) is openness, not necessarily a world travel tour or export/import. On the contrary.
- f. Privacy, private property, egoism, egocentrism, individualism, loneliness, feeling lonely, being alone - are the same one illness: alienation; but each of them should be related & treated differently.
- A human problem isn’t solved by switching the underdog/s.
- Equality may exist only on low standard of LIVING.
- “Poor” is rich - if it is voluntary.
- I ‘m the only one to help myself and the only one to help others - is the basis for constant active creativity & positiveness; but without mutuality there is no LIFE.
- h. There is no Freedom but when it is absent; otherwise there is only LIFE.
- i. I’m looking for (a) partner(s) looking for me.
- j. LOVE IS THE BEGINNING, THE PROCESS, THE MEANS AND THE ULTIMATE TREND & GOAL & FULFILLMENT OF LIFE.
- B. PRACTICAL PRINCIPLES
- ULTIMATE GOAL:
- LIVING together in a commune of widest scoped polyfidelity & polycaritas with a number of partners who are known in depth personally & mutually by everyone.
- Not to exploit and not being exploited.
- BASIC AIM: A deep cultural & factual revolution/evolution in mentality, principles & practice towards a new/old communal humane culture; the devaluation of the monetary/commercial/ industrial/academic/political system replaced gradually by modest natural sustainability, widest, closest mutual co-operation & aid & natural consciousness of the environment.
- b. ELEMENTARY BASIS: Balance, Equality, Mutuality, Reciprocity.
- c. SPIRITUAL BASIS: Naturalist, ecologically balanced and sustainable, intercultural, secular-humanist rationalism with scientific-empiric, eclectical approach of egalitarian objectivism as a LIFE-stance and LIFE-style; total rejection of and objection to mysticism and mystery and to absolute belief in scientism, but holding to scientific methods of research for the natural source of every and all natural phenomena; neither heroism nor martyrism but only true, helpful, constructive, LOVEful and LIFEserving dedication and commitment.
- d. BASIC INSTRUMENTS:
- Total, direct & indirect nonviolence;
- Total truthfulness;
- Full & constantly immediate communication & information;
- Overt & open discussion, dispute, debate, argumentation & explanation of everything at the time of occurence, before & after.
- Openness to tell & hear, to claim, argue, attack & defend, criticize & being criticized, to happiness, enjoyment & sadness, grief - of the self and of other/s - with a positive & constructive, creative approach and a LOVEful aim and process.
- e. BASIC DYNAMICS AND RELATIONSHIP: Equally footed mutual & reciprocal attention, consideration, kindness, care & help in good and bad times, including foreseeing and foretelling of dangers, positive & negative options. Constant consistency, correlation, coordination & cooperation for construction & positiveness; self-criticism, criticism, admittance of wrong doing, regret & repentance, forgiveness & compassion; acceptance of the Person but not of wrongdoing; acceptance of friendly arbitration as a tool of reconciliation & resolution of conflicts & problems; no rejection & no imposure - only an exchange of explanations; absence of (r)evange, no guilt and no guilt-feeling but objective analysis.
- f. BASIC CONDITIONS:
- GENERAL - Low standard of living on every ground, saving, absolute and ultimate usage of everything, re-use and re cycling of everything, collecting thrown aways, re-use and redistributing them; use of source materials rather than artificial industrial products; modest, self-sufficient self-providing LIFE-style; creativity, productivity, re-productivity, low or intermediate technology. As less tools as possible.
- PHYSICAL MAINTENANCE, NUTRITION & HEALTH-CARE: Total vegan, untreated raw food; exercises, massages, much touch; naturopathic, herbological treatment by natural untreated remedies. LIFEstyle fit to the universal biological clock. Responsible universal sexuaLOVE, mental balance.
- MENTAL MAINTENANCE: Openness & realism, introspection, full expression of truths & facts, thoughts & feelings, joy & sadness, trust & fears and the like; much touch & massages, positive & constructive, creative thinking & activity, much cooperation & integration. Responsible universal sexuaLOVE, physical balance.
- SOCIAL-ECONOMIC MAINTENANCE: Working in sustainable agriculture and other naturally sustainable morally sound, fit & only necessary works, ideally for self-provision; transitionally on low income that avoids the need to pay tax; thus also a standard of living that necessitates low expenses. Purchase at sources like second-hand or flee-market vendors for the purpose of recycling, ultimate usage, low expenses & not paying taxes.
- AMUSEMENT, ENTERTAINMENT: Expression of utmost creativity of the self & group in every field, in active self-sufficient and self-providing, mutual and reciprocal amusement and entertainment.
- AUTHORITIES: The least possible contact, cooperation, support (in all directions). within efforts to keep friendly contact with the persons involved; based on the proverb: “What do one tells to the honey-bee? - (I want/take) Neither your sting nor your honey!”
- g. BASIC MERITS; a person should be proud enough to admit & state, present & use existing abilities & talents; and wise & modest enough to confirm ignorance; daring & courageous enough to criticize & self-criticize and admit faults, fallacies and deceit, including in criticism.
- h. SPECIAL BASIC ATTENTION: All natural trends should be allowed free exercise without unnatural restrictions, in correlation with natural conditions; the restriction of naturally desired drive/s and act/s is harmful to the full exercise of LIFE and restricts Freedom; especially the restrictions and modifications on natural nutrition and sexual activity. Basic LIFE conditions are: Food, Sex, Shelter; all other conditions and provisions or needs of life are either tools/means to provide these or complimentary or sublimatory elements.
- i. PUBLIC AFFAIRS: LIFE partnership - whether nucleous, polyfidelous or communal - is not a private phenomenon isolated from the human environment, i.e. the general public. Isolation is detrimental & counteractive to the partnership’s mental and practical balance because it is detrimental to LIFE. Therefore, the partners put attention to and be active concerning social/economic/political issues, whether they have direct or indirect, immediate or remote or at all any influence on their LIFE, as a moral commitment and self-care and as a natural act of LIFE.
- j. PROCESS: All aims may be achieved at their utmost only in a gradual & patient process but within & with a strong drive to succeed rapidly; everything is relative & absolute at the same time, but contradictions should be eliminated, or admitted as a weakness of the moment; therefore, the aim is to avoid manipulations, hypocrisy &/or cultural or pathological schizophrenia. No competition is positive but the one with oneself of the passed moment.
|Monday, July 16th, 2007|
|Friday, July 13th, 2007|
Toma is with us
Today is the 3rd anniversary of Toma's transformation, of his giving back his whole being to the Universe. This day I want to share some things he wrote about himself. Let him introduce himself as if we met him today for the first time. Let's get amazed. He is among us.
From his visit card:
World citizen, rational councel/escort (human rights, peace, other problems), helping hand.
Autodidact, eclectic. “A professional non-professional multi-faceted person”. Administrator, analyst, journalist, worker, social worker, limited knowledge in legal matters, handicraftsman, agriculturalist, etc. All on a non-professional level but with certain experience and knowledge. And more.
Proletarian, utopian socialist, “uneducated”, mondian (world-citizen), Esperantist, anarcho-pacifist, moralist and health vegan aimed at fruitarian, naturist and naturalist, naturopathic, “green”, secular-humanistic rationalist, not-Jewish since age 10, socio- political human rights & peace multi-activist, responsible freak, loving humans but not masses and mass-mentality, also not individualism.
Seeks woman and men who are similar or wish to become alike quickly, who seek one like me candidly, to share everything mutually.
Ultimate aim: commune thru stages (or at once if there is utmost consent), to become integrated, integral humans of integrity, thru simple, optimistic, modest, creative, constantly consistent lifestyle.
MOTTO: THE REVOLUTION OF TRUTHFULNESS, OPENNESS, ACTIVE NONVIOLENCE. TO BRING ABOUT A NEW-OLD NON-EXPLOITATIVE CULTURE-SOCIETY BEGINS WITH ME (anyone), ALONE OR IN GROUP TOGETHER, FROM WITHIN THE TOWN INTO A VILLAGE, BY QUESTIONING EVERYTHING AND HAVING ANSWERS TOO. HOWEVER, QUESTIONING ALSO THE ANSWERS, AND NOT NEGLECTING THOSE HUMANS WHO NEED INSTANT AID AND SUPPORT. THE REVOLUTION IS OURS AT FIRST HAND BUT NOT IN ORDER TO GAIN CONVENIENCE FOR OUR-SELVES BUT IN ORDER TO AVOID EXPLOITATION AND ABUSE OF EVERYONE.
PRINCIPLE WAYS AND AIMS OF A UTOPIAN-SOCIALIST COMMUNE:
INTEGRAL WAY OF LIFE BASED ON TOTAL INTEGRITY AND OPENNESS.
UNIVERSAL MORALITY OF NONVIOLENCE AS A WAY OF LIFE AND ACTIVITY.
EGALITARIAN – SHARING –NON-EXPLOITATIVE – RECIPROCAL PARTNERSHIP/FELLOWSHIP:
REAL SHARED DECISION MAKING BY CONSENSUS.
BASED ON BASIC CONSENSUS & SHARED IMPLEMENTATION.
ORGANIC VEGAN – NATURAL NATUROPATHIC HEALTH – WAY OF LIFE AND NUTRITION.
ORGANIC, VEGAN, SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE.
MORALITY, LOVE & COMPASSION BASED on SECULAR-HUMANIST RATIONALISM.
NO COLLECTION OF GIFTS, DONATIONS AND GRANTS.
NO CONNECTION WITH ESTABLISHMENT INSTITUTIONS.
NO SCHOOL – HOSTEL – RETREAT – HOSPITAL – CONFERENCE-CENTER – ETC.
NO ISOLATION – NO ELITISM – NO PATRONIZING.
REAL EXAMPLIFICATION OF SUSTAINABLE, SIMPLE & MODEST NON-CONSUMIST LIFESTYLE:
RESORTING THE LEAST TO MONEY (REPLACED BY BARTER).
RESORTING THE LEAST TO INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS.
RESORTING TO MEDIUM & LOWER TECHNOLOGICAL TOOLS
SERVICE TO SURROUNDING SOCIETY & INDIVIDUALS.
ULTIMATE AIM: LIVING BY SELF-PRODUCTION ONLY.
A self-biography (up to 1997):
1939, Aug. 17th - born male, in O(ld)buda, Budapest, Hungary; parents: proletarian, Jewish, divorced 1942.
1944 – mother tries to escape fascist persecution by converting us all to Christianity.
1944-1945 – half a year in Budapest ghetto.
1945-1950 - elementary school in Budapest.
1949 – quit Judaism.
1950, Aug 12th – mother takes me –“a Communist Hungarian patriot”- to Israel against
21st – arrive in Israel/Palestine; emotionally attached to Barbara, an evacuated empty Palestinian village replaced by kibbutz Mavqi’im, my brother shared its erection on the soil of the village. My “second birth-place”.
Oct 14th – put in rural, semi-agricultural boarding school A-Y, my “third birth-place”.
1950-1957 – elementary & high school at A-Y, refusing to be an “Israeli”, active in “school-democracy”.
1955 – on my 16th birthday, declared myself world-citizen, pacifist, vegetarian.
1955-1995 - socio-political activist in IL
1957, Dec-1974, Aug. - administrator of the rural boarding school, as above.
1956 and on - refusing military service; 1959 consenting to do alternative civilian service but quitting after 4 months.
1960, Nov. 1st - Joining Bella in life-partnership by a “private civil marriage” contract, after about 3 years of togetherness as students.
1961, Dec. 6th - daughter Tamah is born.
1965-1995 - Coordr.of Internl.Mov.of Conscientious War Resisters in IL/PAL, counselling C.O.s.
1966, July 29th - daughter Re’uth is born.
1964 - sentenced by military court for “entering closed military zone” with a group of demonstrators willing to pick olives from trees belonging to Israeli citizen Palestinians from whom the land was confiscated in purpose of establishing new Jewish settlements.
1967, July - signing the manifesto of 90 Israelis condemning the so called “Six Days War’, the occupation by Israel of the rest of Palestine and the atrocities committed there.
1970-1971 - Secretary of the Israel League for Human And Civil Rights.
1973 March-September - working at W.R.I. HQ in London, U.K. 1st stay in EU.
March 30th - Israeli High Court decides I’m entitled not to be registered as “Jewish”.
Oct. - establishing as Coordinator, World-District V. of World Service Authority the administrative organ of the World Government of World Citizens.- and on - seeking to bring together a commune in Israel/Palestine.
1974-1995 - quitting earning job as above, dedicated merely to public activity, developing a simple, modest, low standard of life-style.
1975 - 2nd stay in EU.
1978-1995 - lived in a ”commune of one” open for joiners (none joined...), at the physical Regional Center for World Citizens in the Orient-Mediterranean-sea-Coast, in a slums quarter near the Tel-Aviv-Jaffa Central Bus Station.
1980, May - quitting Bella finally and “officially” by “private divorce”.
1982 - 3rd stay in EU. 1983 - 4th stay in EU. 1985 - 5th stay in EU.
1983-1984 - columnist & translator at Al-Fajr Palestinian (English) weekly & photographer for Arab Studies Society in East-Jerusalem.
1980’s Central activist in Amnesty Intl. Israel Branch.
1988 June - 1989, Sept. - living in Europe, mainly in Amsterdam & London, acting for a just peace in IL/PAL, with Anneke. 6th stay in EU.
1991 - joining Alba Kőr, the Hungarian Nonviolent Movement for Peace and helping it become a W.R.I. Member. 7th stay in EU.
1992, February -joining with Marcey, meeting in the peace & human rights movement in IL/PAL
1990’s Central activist in Gush Shalom (Peace Bloc), searching for a commune to join.
1996, January 1st, - flying never before, in U.S.A., following Marcey back to her home-place.
1997, January 2 – In London alone
April 2, in NY again with Marcey
August 2, In London again alone
November: In the European Continent: F, NL, F
December 22nd: starting re-establishing in Hungary – a permanent resident there ever since – alone, still seeking people for a radical commune, not neglecting “western” contacts.
|Thursday, July 12th, 2007|
Egalitarian Commune Ad by Toma Sik (about 1998)
OF YOUR OWN ASPIRATIONS!
DON’T JOIN! LET’S START TOGETHER!
A real, living, serious, honest, responsible, vegan, multi-lingual, secular-humanist, sustainable EGALITARIAN COMMUNE
In rural, vegan-compassionate-agricultural, natural, naturalist, naturopathic, modest-simple life-style; re-using, re-cycling, repairing, reconstructing by low to medium technology, with principled non-academic, non-elitist, practical, scientific approach, creating a new-old culture and humane environment of mutuality and reciprocity on equal footing, a togetherness of LOVE, sharing, partnership in an integral, integrated life based on integrity, reason, commitment & devotion, openness and truthfulness, good & constant communication & information, analysis, criticism and self-criticism, - without hypocritical pseudo-psychologistic “non-judgmentality”, “pluralism”, “acceptance”, dependence, physical & mental expoitation, in brief: without mysticism; a non-isolationist, wider-socially caring-acting society.
If you are a strongly motivated, strongly potential, strongly intending implementer (equipped of course with strong philosophy!) please send your personal data, resume (C.V.), with detailed, principled and practical ideas, expectations, abilities, availability to:
...well, you cannot send them to Toma any longer, but you can send them to Figuera
|Tuesday, July 3rd, 2007|
Two issues. First: I have recently started the Wikipedia article about Toma Sik: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toma_Sik
Second: among the papers Toma Sik sent us 9 years ago there was this curious leaflet:
S.O.S. FOR WOMEN
Aviva Steiner, Kfar Sava, Israel (I omit the P.O.B. and telephone numbers as it's unlikely that they are still valid)
Specific Exercises 30 Minutes Once a Month
FOR WOMEN ONLY! NEW! NATURAL METHOD!
PHYSICAL EXERCISES AS A SOLUTION FOR MENSTRUAL CYCLE AND PREGNANCY
A SERIES OF EXERCISES WHICH CAUSE THE ONSET OF MENSES ACCORDING TO THE DESIRE OF THE WOMAN
The method is recognized as “A Series of Specific Physic Exercises Causing the Onset of Menstruation and the Regulation of the Menstrual Cycle”. It is registered with the following:
International Patents Office
National Council for Research end Development. Tel Aviv, Israel
World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
Population Crisis Commitee., Washington, D. C.
FIRST PLACE AWARD • DOCTORATE AT UNIVERSITY OF MUNCHEN
What is the system?
What is it good for?
By doing these exercises, menstrual cycle can begin on the desired day, menstrual lateness can be avoided. This is a solution for amenorrhea end premenstrual aches and tensions. In addition, regulation of irregular cycle. This new method gives the woman the possibility of coping, ON HER OWN, whit her own body, with the above manifestations, without outside help. A woman can “order” her menstrual cycle on the desired day in addition to existing contraceptive devices.
When to do the exercise
To become pregnant, exercises should be done in the middle of the month, approximately on the 14th day. In order to avoid pregnancy the exercises should be done several days before the 28th or on the 28th itself, but under no circumstances after the 28th.
These exercises are a reasonable addition to the existing contraceptive devices. In the event of repeated miscarriages the exercises should be done up to the sixth week of pregnancy, and in cases of prolapsed uterus, five minutes daily.
Functions of the Method — the method may help
1. menstruation at will
2. menstruation on desired date
3. shortening of menstruation days
4. shortening of cycle
5. premenstrual tensions and aches
7. sterility, frigidity (ALSO MEN)
9. anxiety states, stress, depression (ALSO MEN)
10. obesity, anorexia nervosa
12. menarche (first menstruation in the life of a woman, also at age 20-34)
• How can the exercises be learned?
The exercises are taught within a period of a month is authorized teachers. The exercises can be done at home, for about an hour once a month. Musical accompaniment is desirable. In Israel there are lectures, workshops end courses given within the framework of the Association of Health Lovers, Vegetarian Centers, the Yoga School of Authorized Teachers at the Country Club, women’s clubs, and intensive courses for physical education teachers.
In Europe the method can be learned in yoga centers in Geneva, Amsterdam, Grenoble and London. A course for physicians took place in Rimini.
In Israel, you can call Aviva and receive information about learning the method:
lectures, demonstrations, individual lessons, courses for authorized teachers.
In 1974 the booklet “The Simple Method for Every Woman” (out of print) was published. Articles appeared in the Israeli and international press praising the method: Ha’olarn, Ha’ze, La’isha, Yediot Aheronot, Ha’yofi, Ujkelet, Eltern, Isis. 1986 A new book: SOS FOR WOMEN.
1989 VIDEO “AVIVA’S METHOD”
Aviva Steiner was born in Budapest and immigrated to Israel in 1946. She studied at the Kibbutz Teachers Seminary, danced in the Israel Opera, and studied with Gertrude Kraus. She did 3 years advanced study at a clinic for physiotherapy and yearly advanced study in yoga, 7 years of Jazz, and 4 years of classical ballet. In 1966 Aviva discovered a specific pattern in the exercises which constitute this system.
|Tuesday, June 19th, 2007|
Commune (texts by Toma Sik)
Organizing a FREE COMMUNE
Your ideas are expected!
Communism is dead!
Remaining are Capitalism, the System, the State.
The human who cares for its world looks forward the death of Capitalism and the State, within activity:
Life in Commune, interwoven with human society, detached from the system!
Free Communes Movement
Constructive, Communal, Cohabitual, Anarchist Life (on wheels?)
To live organically vegan, self-supportive (as possible), spreading the word of:
Mondianism, Nonviolence, Equality.
Many helping hands to everyone everywhere!
One value: Integral Life.
COMMUNE (about 1998)
Peace, Ecology, Life intermingled
Peace may be achieved only by Pacifism, that resists non-violently all sorts of violence, militarism and war, and eliminates all the reasons that bring about war.
Pacifism may exist only where conscientious and conscious individuals act in constant, constructive, consistent, cooperative groups in a democratic society, where the wish of the people really counts.
Democracy may exist only in Anarchism, in non-violent, non-hierarchical, egalitarian societies.
Anarchism may exist only in small societies or communes, because a state with its masses of people to be organized, must be dominatory by its inherent hierarchical structure, false concept of “representative” “democracy”, exploitative because of the need for money, therefore of capitalism that rules even the souls of people.
Anarchism may only be pacifistic, self-disciplined, self-providing; otherwise, by the rule of violent and destructive means of power, it rules not less than a state, whether dictatorial or of “representative” “democracy”.
Egalitarianism on a voluntary basis of self-conviction and understanding, that means, no concession but throwing away of the really unnecessary, may exist only on basis of what is called "low standard of living", i.e., natural way of Life.
A Natural Way of Life may exist only in ecologically concerned and based "economy"; actually, without "economy" at all, because that is a capitalist invention, the result of getting people faraway from Nature. It's a modern ritual.
No artificial ritual is positive, it replaces Nature's inherent rituals: mentally, practically, energetically, imaginationally; by that ruining the integral, integrated integrity of humans' relationship with Nature. A natural way of Life is Nature's natural (non-)ritualistic LIFE.
Life may be lived well, in security and in balance, only when it is based on LOVE: Life'n'Love. There is no other value in Life, than Life. For other so-called values, people have been killing each the other, victimizing and heroifying each the other, even "for peace", that is a theory and a situation.
"For life" - nobody may die, as it's a contradiction in concept and fact. Therefore, there is only one Life - that which we live here and now, and there is no justification for giving up life by "promising" a "better one" "elsewhere" or "in reincarnation" or "in paradise". We are to be rewarded for own good deeds in this life by good deeds of this "Life'n'Love".
I love you = I need you and care for you!
I live = I do everything that naturally means living and loving.
However, for that being implemented, we need to cleanse our minds and bodies very well.
Let's doubt and question everything that we are used to, that are our habits, likes and dislikes, "educated" conditionings, "needs".
Let's wish ourselves independent, truthful research into ourselves. This may be done only by constant, consistent experimentations, experience, self-criticism and no acceptance of wrongs, naturally wrongs not conceptually. Hard work and even dangerous, because we must try to be objective, as if we would be outside ourselves, "judging"; but actually being inside, because otherwise we cannot see anything,... and not to fall into a schizophrenic situation...
Love and Peace
A New Life begins
The Ancient Commune revitalizes:
• on pure land
• with pure agri/culture
• in pure air/atmosphere
• with pure food
• in a pure economy
• within pure human relationships
• with a pure mind
• with a pure conscience, consciousness.
Vegan bio-horticulture, village-life, total vegetarian/vegan, naturopathic nutrition, money-free, bartering, re-using, honest, fear-free, direct, independent, self-supporting/supplying, egalitarian and loving togetherness basing a rationalist-spiritual and practical commune, not distancing from the general society; applying non-violence and world-citizenship.
If you wish to be together, think it out and write it down (for yourself), what are your visions, proposals, your preparedness and hesitations.
Get in touch with me, for we later meet and discuss, alone and with others.
I EXPECT YOU!
Toma Sik, Futurenow/Nowfuture Commune. Budapest, Karpat Basin, Pannonia
|Wednesday, February 21st, 2007|
Draft for a Universal Declaration of the Human Value of LIFE'N'LOVEbased on the initial proposal of Abe Solomon, Winter 1996/97
- proposed by Toma Sik (Toma Ŝik) 17-2-'97Preamble
Whereas, the realization in practice of the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the thereafter International Covenants and Protocols and other documents deriving from it, interpreting and complimenting it as adopted by the United Nations - is depending on the intellectual and emotional acceptance by the people of the universal human value of LIFE'N'LOVE (LIFE IN LOVE) on which these rights are founded,
Whereas, disregard and contempt for the value of LIFE'N'LOVE, while struggling for the sake of other values, have resulted in barbarous acts that have outraged the conscience of Humanity,
Whereas it is essential to promote the development and acceptance of the basic value of LIFE by all humans and peoples of all nations to usher in a world based in LOVE, freedom, truth, reason and compassion,
Whereas, the governments of the Member States of the United Nations have in the Charter and in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and in International Covenants affirmed their faith in the dignity and worth of the human person and have determined to promote social and cultural progress in peace and harmony, but they have failed to implement those and LIFE'N'LOVE in gross, and
Whereas, the common understanding and acceptance of the universal human value of LIFE'N'LOVE is of the greatest importance for the realization of this pledge,
The International Humanist and Ethical Union
proclaims this Universal Declaration of the Basic Human Value of LIFE'N'LOVE as a common ideal of attainment and calls for all humans, groups, peoples, nations and governments to implement them in daily practice and spread the awareness for them by teaching and exemplifying and make all efforts, individual, group, cultural, national and international, to secure their universal and effective maintenance among the individuals and the peoples of the world and by governments.Article 1 - Source of the Value
The inherently and instrinsically constant aspiration of every living body for LIFE'N'LOVE is the ultimate source of the only value of LIFE'N'LOVE.Article 2- Components of the Value
The value of LIFE'N'LOVE is divided, but definitely never overruled by its components as in the followings.Article 3 - Acceptance
The acceptance of the person as an autonomous entity endowed with natural instincts, reason and sensitivity is a basic component of the value of LIFE'N'LOVE.Article 4- Reason
Reason is an essential human faculty in promoting the securing of LIFE'N'LOVE and controlling the progress of Humankind, keeping it in positive and constructive frames and aims, enabling humans to have a worldview that motivates- their thoughts, sensitivities, instincts and actions for LIFE'N'LOVE. Cultivation of rational thinking is therefore, an intrinsic component of the value of LIFE'N'LOVE.Article 5- Critical Intelligence
The essential nature of humans is to question, examine and understand.
It is necessary to subject all beliefs, faiths, opinions and worldviews to
the scrutiny of reason and critical intelligence, in order to eliminate error.
An unexamined life-stance is a potential harm to LIFE'N'LOVE.Article 6 - Truth
The aim of all rational thought is the discovery of truth. Truth consists of beliefs and thoughts about reality resulting from rational thinking experience. Quest for truth is, therefore, a supreme component of the value of LIFE'N'LOVE.Article 7 - Egalitarian Tolerance
Egalitarian Tolerance of differing ideas, beliefs and viewpoints is essential for the discovery of truth. Absence of egalitarian tolerance leads to denial of freedom and the suppression of creativity that are inherent components of LIFE'N'LOVE. Egalitarian - i.e. non-superior - tolerance is, therefore, a basic component of the value of LIFE'N'LOVE.Article 8- Creativity
All social progress is the result of human creativity Rooted in the individuality of a human, creativity can flourish only in an atmosphere of free LIFE'N'LOVE.Article 9 - Freedom
There is no total freedom in LIFE. The issue of freedom rises when LIFE'N'LOVE is restricted. Therefore, it is essential that there should be freedom for all humans reciprocally and on equal footing for all implementation and exercise of all ingredients and components of LIFE'N'LOVE.Article 10- Equality
For the full implementation of UFE'N'LOVE of the human person, humans should be related reciprocally as equals in conditions and rights in all spheres of life indifferent of gender, age, social-economic status, sexual orientation, race, belief or non-belief, opinion and ideology or non- opinion and non-ideology culture and tradition, nationality or on any other ground.Article 11 - Justice
The principle of justice which dictates equal consideration for the well-being and LIFE'N'LOVE, in relationship between individuals, groups and between them and institutions, should prevail universally.Article 12- Humankind and Nature
Humans, being a part of Nature, necessitate their living in harmony with it for the sake of LIFE'N'LOVE. Concern for ALL LIFE and the quality of the environment ought to guide ail human activities, it being a central component of LIFE'N'LOVE.Article 13- Universal Culture
While an authentic natural culture is based on and is related to the local and regional, environmental, ecological, balanced and sustainable situation and conditions - it should be the aim of ail human endevour to evolve a universal spirit of culture based on LIFE'N'LOVE - i.e. freedom, truth, reason, compassion, openness - which all are the basic components of LIFE'N'LOVE.
|Wednesday, November 29th, 2006|
A text by Toma Sik
LET'S STOP BEING STUDENTS! ACADEMICIANS!
LET'S BE LIFE-STUDENTS OR STUDENTS OF LIFE!
LET'S STOP LEARNING – LET'S JUST LIVE!
LET'S LEARN LIFE BY LIVING LIFE!
Let's Coordinate and Correlate Ourselves to Positive & Constructive Acts.
Let's Not Adjust to Deceit and Destruction!
Let's see real-reality under current facts!
LIFE IS NOT A SCHOOL!
LIFE IS ENJOYMENT AND WONDER!
LIFE IS NOT A RACE!
LIFE IS COOPERATION AND MUTUALITY – SYMBIOSIS!
LIFE'S ACHIEVEMENT & ACCOMPLISHMENT are
Joy In Balance & Pleasure in Togetherness.
LET'S DETACH FROM UNNATURAL ACTS,
Frameworks and Environment, Products & Pursuits –
Let's Look for Natural Involvement in Nature!
LET'S NOT BE AFRAID – Inconvenience & Hardship
Make Us More Sustainable and Self-Providable;
But Let's Not Do Anything Without
Advance Thinking Out & Planning,
Checking the Conditions, Provisions and
Optional Results – Good Or Bad.
Better Being Precautious Than Being Frightened...
|Thursday, November 23rd, 2006|
Some years ago, a man called Toma Sik wrote to the Walden Community
, of which I'm a member. Recently, I have searched for him in the web to discover that he died in 2004 at the age of 64, overrun by a tractor during a nightly walk home through the fields to his newly-bought old farm somewhere in a forgotten part of Hungary which should have fulfilled his dream of establishing a commune of organic-humanist (and vegan) "new peasants".
When he wrote to us he was already planning this last project. Though we shared veganism and the idea of a very close-knit egalitarian community, we members of the Walden Community didn't agree with or feel prepared for his interests in lower life standards, service to the wider community, rural life, raw food diet or responsible polyamory (issues in which I am now becoming increasingly interested).
I have started this LJ community in order to encourage sharing of information and opinions on him and his ideas (see community user info
I have read that “nobody could fulfil all the criteria which he set, not even himself - as he would gladly admit with a sense of humour rare among heavily principled people”.
a woman says that “all he wanted and did not get was a true mate and a community”, but also a girl answers “I believe he is with us and I feel him as lively as he were here just now”.
I believe so and I also believe we can be his mates by being each other’s, be his community by living together in Nature, in peace and harmony with it and among us, setting and fulfilling old and new criteria for love, care, sharing, peace, goodness, wisdom, beauty…
Will be dare to live up to what we think and say?Contact Info